I Finally completed my GoodReads 2016 Reading Goal of 50/50. Even tho I have alot of amazing & good reads this 2016. I also have so many disappointing reads. Here are my top 8 disappointing reads of 2016.
1. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
– I forgot to write a review about this book. But I’ll make a short one here. It was my first Abbi Glines book and it was so disappointing. The plot was so cliche & bland. The main characters are so annoying specially the female character. It was a total insta-love and so much sex scenes. The ending – so dramatic, it was so cringy and cliche. It was a trilogy but I’m not planning to continue reading it. The worst NA book I’ve ever read so far.
2. TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard
– It’s one of the most overhyped books of 2016. If you guys love to read my reviews you probably encountered my rants on this book. It was terrible, I regret buying this book because it was MY FIRST MOST EXPENSIVE TP BOOK (more expensive than CoHo books) it was worth P625 = $12.5 😠
The writing style & the world building was so confusing. One of the main characters SAFIYA, was so annoying af. She had this rare-not-so-awesome-useless-everyone-will-die-for power or magic. She’s a useless trouble maker & so naive kind of witch. Seriously everything about this book was confusing. I was so confused with the power/magic system & the world building. I seriously don’t want to continue this series.
3. Broken Sky by L.A Weatherly
– I didn’t dislike this book that much but I was not hooked with it. The story was kinda weird for me and it needs a lot of explanation. Specially the world building. I love the characters but I just can’t get into it. It was like the characters are inviting me to be with them in their world but I can’t enter it. Still debating if I should continue this trilogy. 😊
4. The Crowns Game by Evelyn Skye
– I was expecting alot from this book but I didn’t get what I was expecting. It was so disappointing because some of the characters are so annoying specially the Prince (Pasha). The love triangle was a meh. Super insta-love. And let’s not forget about the game! It was so disappointing and terrible. I was expecting a one on one combat but instead I got some painted towns, magical shows and other shits. The only thing I love about this book is the Russian representation of the author. And this one awesome & star-of-the-book character NIKOLAI. 😍❤
5. Heir Of Fire by SJM
– this book was so BORINGGGGGG!
I was bored to death while reading this book. It took me 2 month to finish it. The new characters are wrecking my entire fae existence. I liked some of them specially Manon & Aedion. I admit that I did not like Rowan at first but somehow I changed my mind when his attitude changed at the end of the book. BTW I don’t ship ROWAELIN 😊
6. Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
– I loved Rebel Belle so much that’s why I bought the sequel and I was so excited to read it. But somehow the plot and the flow of the story in the sequel went downhill. It was so boringg and so dull.
7. Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
-My first Danielle Paige book 😊 it was a retelling of The Snow Queen. Before reading this book, I read the original story of THE SNOW QUEEN for reference since I haven’t read the this fairytale before. Well the book has the elements of the original fairytale, but it was like a remix of Disney’s Frozen & The Snow Queen. The plot was so dull and weird. The pacing was slow and some parts are too predictable.Except for that fave part of mine! Which is the twist at the ending. I admit that I didn’t expected it. Oh My Stars! That love triangle tho! It made me cringe. Also the romance with the other guys are too insta-love. Anyway I did enjoy the ending part (twist). But 80% of the book was boringgg! *sigh*
Still debating if I should continue this series.
8. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
-This might be a controversial one, but please bear with me. If you love this book so much I’m so happy that you love it. But this is my opinion about the book and I hope you will respect it. TBH this is my least fave CoHo book. The plot was too predictable unlike the other CoHo books that I read, they have this unexpected twist, but for me this one was too predictable. It was like, I’m halfway on the book but I already knew what the ending would be like. The love triangle got my heart broken into pieces. The ending got me into emotional wreck that I couldn’t think clearly for the next two days after reading this book. I know that this book has a strong message but, I was feeling so bad about the ending and I did respect CoHo about everything in this book. I didn’t like it that much because like what I said before the plot was predictable & it made my heart hurt so badly. I really hate bittersweet/sad ending books. Yas I admit that! Also the reason why I avoid tragic ending books. But I promise to myself to read more diverse & more sensitive type of books on my next yr’s reading goal. I’ll try to read some famous sad/tragic YA contemporary books 😊 Any suggestions?